We’re seeking a Quality Assurance and Production Artist to join Context Creative, a design firm committed to excellence.
We are not a traditional design firm, nor an advertising agency. Trusted by clients providing vital public services, we make meaningful connections to solve complex communications and design challenges that affect real people and drive positive change. We’re looking for someone who shares our values, and wants to inspire people to take action on issues that matter.
We’re looking for someone who is curious, never stops learning, is unintimidated by challenges, knows how to work efficiently, finds great inspiration in our work, and is positive and upbeat.
We are a company rooted in ideas and design that provides branding, print, interactive, social, motion and more for clients who want to communicate on a level that truly defines and separates them in their industry.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with keen attention to detail and troubleshooting skills. Highly familiar with industry-standard production software and processes for digital media, you’re always open to learning new tools and workflows to help us deliver impeccable work for our clients.
- Preparing and finalizing artwork for production and/or launch, including: ensuring emails and ad campaign artwork are set up to correct specifications; translating designs to specs for websites; supporting file review for digital and print as needed
- QA across projects and deliverables, including proofing and revisions (e.g., checking against client-supplied content, revisions, brand standards and program details, production checklists); web testing (e.g., accessing and reviewing appearance, performance and functionality across multiple browsers/platforms for web applications including web ads, emails, websites)
- Rolling out design concepts to multiple digital and print campaign executions (e.g., multiple ad sizes, languages)
- Supporting and driving development of best practices, standards and documentation for QA process and QA-related content (e.g., ad specifications), as well as managing related information and updates
- Accessibility: Accessibility reviews (content, PDFs, websites, etc.) against checklists; creating and remediating accessible PDFs; support in creating alt text and tagging content
- Work closely with Copy Editor, Design Manager as well as project management team and studio, to achieve the above
- Minimum of 3 years related QA/production experience, ideally at a design/branding agency
- Highly experienced with using Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Figma/Sketch (or similar/related tools in design applications including, but not restricted to: web ads, emails, and websites)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, collaboration tools (Slack, Basecamp and similar) and Google Docs
- Experience with quality control measures, such as: version controls, checking and tracking changes, and proofing work to ensure edits are complete before returning revisions to clients or sending files to vendors
- Experience working on multiple complex projects at one time, and under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Bonus: Understanding of accessibility/AODA; experience with HTML code; print production experience