We’re seeking an Office Manager to join Context Creative, a design firm committed to excellence.
Context Creative not a traditional design firm, nor an advertising agency. Trusted by clients providing vital public services, we make meaningful connections to solve complex communications and design challenges that affect real people and drive positive change. We’re looking for someone who shares our values and wants to help inspire people to take action on issues that matter.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Manager executes and supports the administrative duties associated with ensuring the office runs smoothly and efficiently. The ideal candidate has exceptional organizational skills and a talent for managing details; they actively contribute to a positive work environment and have an ability to anticipate and proactively resolve issues to help staff work at their most efficient.
The successful candidate will:
- Open our downtown office, which means you must be willing to work in an office setting most weekdays
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our physical office space – keeping it organized, tidy and ready for staff and visitors, organizing office supplies
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail and deliveries
- Audit staff timesheets and ensuring they are completed in a timely manner
- Assist our financial department with monthly financial reporting including credit card reconciliation, invoice submission and tracking and accounts payable follow up
- Provide support and assistance to our two Principals and Executive Director
- Assist with HR duties including recruiting (job postings, prescreening, arranging interviews), employee onboarding and offboarding support, tracking employee vacation
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements
- Manage and track company licenses and subscriptions
- Manage and track company image library and licenses
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
- Assist in the planning and execution of company socials and celebrations, holiday giftings, etc.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have demonstrated experience (2 to 5 years) in an administrative / office management role
- Ideally, have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Commit to working in our downtown office 3 – 5 times per week
- Have strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and GSuite
- Must be a self-starter and driven – you can work autonomously and are independently driven, with great time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Have excellent skills in communication (written and verbal), collaboration, creative problem-solving, and customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Work extremely well in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Bonus points for financial / bookkeeping and/or accounting experience as well as advanced Excel skills.
Diversity and Inclusion
Some of our best ideas emerge when different perspectives collide. That’s just one of the reasons we’re committed to building and retaining a team that reflects diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences and abilities. Through our core values, we’re also fostering a culture where everyone feels heard, included and comfortable being themselves. As we strive to be better, we continue to learn and hold ourselves accountable to create an environment where everyone can flourish together.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation at: Accessibility@ContextCreative.com.