We’re seeking a Copywriter to join our growing team at Context Creative.
We are not a traditional design firm, nor an advertising agency. Trusted by clients providing vital public services, we make meaningful connections to solve complex communications and design challenges that affect real people and drive positive change.
We’re looking for someone who shares our values, and wants to inspire people to take action on issues that matter. The ideal writer is a polished communicator, is curious, unintimidated by challenges, rolls with the punches, works quickly and effectively, has experience with B2B clients and collaborates easily.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Creating copy for campaign concepts, websites, print and online advertising, social media, email marketing, radio and much more.
- Collaborating with strategists, creative directors, designers and project management teams to translate business objectives and user needs into effective messaging.
- Researching and simplifying complex topics and translating them to plain English.
- Ensuring all content aligns with client brand and writing guidelines.
- Implementing stringent quality assurance on all content, including proofreading to perfection.
- Aggregating and integrating feedback from multiple stakeholders, round to round.
- A post-secondary education in English, advertising, journalism, communications or a related field.
- 2 – 5 years experience writing B2B and/or B2C content in an agency or corporate environment including experience in campaign development, social media, email, etc.. as well as other tactics such as radio and print.
- Crisp writing skills, able to seamlessly switch between voices for diverse audiences.
- Enthusiasm for digital – emerging trends and best practices.
- A roll-up-the-sleeves approach to collaborating with a creative team.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong MS Office, GSuite and Acrobat skills. Experience with Figma, Adobe design tools and accessibility/AODA is an asset.
- Bonus: experience writing for energy, healthcare or other government clients.
- We’re a growing, fast-paced, and purposeful agency.
- Our team is made up of designers, UX designers, digital marketers, motion graphics designers, writers, strategists, project managers and led by two hands-on principals.
- We’re driven by a set of core values that define everything we do.
- We typically work hard and fast, full-time between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- We work remotely, but we will eventually return to our studio near Adelaide and Spadina in the heart of downtown Toronto.
- We offer a competitive benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion
Some of our best ideas emerge when different perspectives collide. That’s just one of the reasons we’re committed to building and retaining a team that reflects diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences and abilities. Through our core values, we’re also fostering a culture where everyone feels heard, included and comfortable being themselves. As we strive to be better, we continue to learn and hold ourselves accountable to create an environment where everyone can flourish together.
Please send CV and 6-8 writing samples to the address below. Applications without writing samples or a link to a portfolio will not be considered.