Toronto Hydro®—saveONenergy Campaign
Seeing green wildlife in T.O.?
That would be the latest campaign for Toronto Hydro® by Context Creative designer Deanne Loft R.G.D. and creative director Lionel Gadoury R.G.D. The distinctive illustrations of talking squirrels, raccoons, blue jays and Canada geese are featured in outdoor, out-of-home, direct mail and online ads. With a bold green colour scheme, they promote Toronto Hydro® and Ontario’s province-wide saveONenergy program with incentives to conserve electricity.
“We used a Toronto-centric approach with simple, over-arching messages that would attract attention and direct activity to the web,” says Lionel Gadoury.
- Strategic planning and budget recommendations
- Concept development, design, copywriting and layout
- Production and full deployment of campaign tactics
- Manage customer lists, fulfillment services, and third party suppliers
Urban Animals outperformed business targets including:
- Reducing overall energy use by 53.2 MW (108.6% of target)
- Increasing customer satisfaction ratings by 3 points over the previous year
The campaign also garnered multiple awards, including Platinum in the 2013 Summit Marketing Effectiveness Awards against over 800 international submissions.