Ontario Trails Council (OTC)—Website Refresh
Get up, get out, find your new favorite trail
This is an update of the site we originally built in 2007. We had added many new features in the interim, but it was time for a top-to-bottom overhaul. Key goals were to build trail communities, perform much better on mobile and to enhance overall functionality. And because the OTC is a not-for-profit, we built in more extensive advertising capabilities to help fund the site.
The work has paid off. Already, more trail organizations have signed up, traffic is up, and over 36% of it is coming from mobile.
- Complete refresh with enhanced search, navigation, responsive for all devices
- Dynamic content updated by time of year
- Greater prominence for social media
- Dynamic mapping on all search results
- Dynamic weather conditions by trail
- Conforms to accessibility standards